Steam, Bronze, and Fire
Elves are a dying race. They refuse to accept that times are changing and cling to ancient ways of life. They do not use any advanced technology, preferring to live among the wilderness and in tune with nature. While primitive compared to the other races, it allows them to channel powerful magics, ancient magics, and they are likely the only race who still makes use of the bow. In recent times, the forests in which they live are disappearing, whether do to deforestation for lumber or pollution from the ever-changing technology is unknown.
Elf Racial Traits
- +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma, -2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence: Elves are strong, graceful, wise, and have powerful personalities, but they are somewhat frail and cannot grasp the technology of the times.
- Medium: As Medium creature, Elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Elf base land speed is 30ft.
- Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 Racial bonus on Saving Throws against enchantment spells or effects.
- Low-Light Vision: An Elf can see twice as far as a Human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Tradition: Elves are considered to be proficient with the Longsword, Rapier, Longbow (including Composite Longbow), and Shortbow (including Composite Shortbow), and any weapons or armor dubbed “Elven.” Elves have esteemed the arts of swordplay, archery, and their crafts since the dawn of time, and continue to do so, despite advancing technologies.
- +2 Racial bonus on Perception checks. An Elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it. An Elf’s senses are so keen that she practically has a sixth sense about hidden portals.
- +2 Racial bonus on Survival checks: an Elf makes her home in the wilderness and knows how to survive therein.
- Elves always treat the Pilot, Craft (Mechanical), and Knowledge (Engineering) skills as cross-class, even if their class would normally allow otherwise. Additionally, Elves take a -4 Racial penalty on ability checks, skill checks, and any rolls when dealing with mechanical objects or equipment: Elves simply cannot or will not conform to modern technology.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan. Elves commonly know the languages of their enemies and of their friends, as well as Draconic, the language commonly found in ancient tomes of secret knowledge. Additionally, Elves have a permanent Speak with Animal effect active at all times. Their forested homes puts them in close proximity to the animals they live in harmony with, and they have developed the magical ability to speak to them.
- Favored Class: Druid or Sorcerer or Ranger
Return to Races